Panels & Workshops
Attend a panel discussion and increase your knowledge on your favourite topics while you network yourself by meeting and sharing with like-minded friends. Participate in a workshop to get some hands-on experience in something new and exciting.
Registering a Panel or Workshop
Remember, priority will be given to panels that are related to Japan such as anime, manga, video games, music, culture, languages, way of life, etc.
For workshops only, the convention can provide basic materials in some capacity (8.5 x 11 sheets, glue, pencils, markers, erasers, sharpeners, scissors). It is important that you mention it in the submission form (see Submission Form below). The animators must provide any other materials. For additional questions, please contact the workshops director (email at the end of this page).
In order to become a panellist or workshop host, you must be preregistered! A limit of 4 people are allowed per panel and workshop and no more than 6 panels and workshops allowed per person.
In order to ensure a proper transition between sessions, the length should be as follows.
|45 or 90 minutes
|90 or 120 minutes
Participants need to bring their own laptop with corresponding charger, cables and adapters when required. Our audio-visual equipment only supports VGA or HDMI for video, and 3.5 mm audio jacks for audio. No Internet connection will be provided.
If you would like to propose a panel or a workshop, you have until June 9, 2023, to send in your applications here: Submission form
Panellists and workshop hosts will receive an email on their submissions for the acceptance or refusal after the fact. We will only use the email of the main animator for communications with the Panels & Workshops team. Official panels and workshops schedules will be sent to them at least 2 weeks before the start of the convention.
Guidelines for Panellists & Workshop Hosts
Inappropriate behaviour, swearing, and discrimination are not tolerated and will result in the banning of the panellist from hosting panels or workshops in the future. Panellists are allowed to express their opinions while being respectful. No sell solicitation will be allowed outside of your activity room. However, inside the room, you can bring promotional material and your business cards for example.
During Your Panel or Workshop
Keep track of time to allow a smooth transition for the next hosts! Arrive at least 15 minutes before the official starting time in order to properly set yourself up. Wrap up the conversation in time to allow the next hosts to get ready. Starting your panel or workshop late does not allow you to end it late!
- Do not hang anything on the walls.
- Do not use the soundboards as cork boards.
- Do not touch the equipment in the room more than is necessary.
- If you experience technical difficulties at any point in time during your panel or workshop, please seek help from Panels & Workshops staff at the Panels & Workshops table.
Most importantly, make sure to have fun with everyone!
Guidelines for “Mature” Panels and Workshops
Panels and workshops featuring mature content must abide by the following restrictions:
- Panels & workshops with content or discussions involving graphic violence and/or sexuality, eroticism, ecchi, horror and full frontal nudity will be scheduled after 8 p.m. (16+). Hentai, explicit sexuality or other pornographic material, as well as extreme or excessive violence and gore will be scheduled after 10 p.m. (18+). These panels & workshops will be designated as “mature”.
- “Mature” panels & workshops will be held behind closed doors. Restrictions on who can enter will be in place. 16+ and 18+ wristbands or an ID with your photo and date of birth will be needed for all attendees, panellists, and workshop hosts at the door.
- The consent of participants must be obtained before taking part in any form of “fan service” (encouragement is acceptable, but no coercion or forcing of an attendee to participate).
- Inappropriate behaviour and nudity either by the panellists/workshop hosts or the audience are forbidden.
- The decision to designate an age rating on the panel/workshop by the Panels and Workshops directors is FINAL.
Reward System for Panellists & Workshop Hosts
|Reimbursement on Convention Badge
|1 45-minute panel
|1 90-minute panel
|1 90-minutes workshop
|1 120 minutes workshop
Other combinations: Reimbursement will be calculated according to the number of activities animated, up to the total price of the bought badge.
For any information about how refunds work, please refer to the refund policy for panelists, workshop animators and game shows: Upcoming Policy
Need to know more?
You got questions? We got answers!
You can contact the Panels Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Workshops Director at email@example.com.
The Panels & Workshops team would like to thank you for expressing interest in submitting content for Otakuthon.