Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Dealers’ Area?
The Dealers’ Area is a space provided for dealers to sell and promote their merchandise. It can be found in the Exhibition Hall (room 220) along with the Artists' Area, the Garage sale and Autograph space.
What are the operating hours of the Dealers' Area?
|Setup||12 PM - 9 PM||8 AM - 11 AM||9 AM - 10 AM||9 AM - 10 AM|
|Opening hours (public)||11 AM - 8 PM||10 AM - 7 PM||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Tear Down||8 PM - 9 PM||7 PM - 8 PM||5 PM - 8 PM|
What is the difference between regular, select, and premium dealer spaces?
They are all the same size; and all include two tables, two badges, and two chairs. Premium spaces are the closest to the entrance and exit doors. Select spaces are behind premium spaces and regular spaces are behind select spaces.
What is included with a dealer space?
Each dealer space (and each additional space) includes two free dealer badges that provide access to the Exhibition Hall and the whole convention. Each dealer space includes two 6-foot tables and two chairs at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
However, electricity and internet services are not included but can be purchased from the Palais des congrès.
What type of merchandise am I allowed to sell?
- Commercial goods or services sold in the Dealers’ Area of the Exhibition Hall are licensed products that may be imported, mass-produced, self-produced, etc. but must comply with Otakuthon’s anti-bootleg policy.
- Adult material is allowed to be sold, but must be covered and hidden from public view. Exhibitors selling adult material must ensure that customers are at least 18 years of age and require proof of age.
- Exhibitors selling weapons must notify the Dealers Director in their application beforehand. If not indicated in the application, the Exhibitor may not sell any weapons.
Please refer to the convention weapon rules.
- Any ready-to-consume food or beverages may not be sold anywhere in the Palais des congrès de Montréal (including candy and pre-packaged food like Pocky and ramen).
- Pirated, ‘bootleg’, unlicensed, or illegal materials (henceforth referred to as “bootleg items”) may not be sold on the convention premises. All merchandise shown to be bootleg must be removed immediately for the duration of the convention, or the Exhibitor will face ejection from the convention.
- An extensive list of prohibited merchandise will be included in the exhibitors’ contract.
If you are unsure if your merchandise complies with Otakuthon’s regulations, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify with us.
When does the application process start?
We aim to send out the contracts at the launch of the website.
How does the application process work?
We welcome all dealers to apply, new or recurring. For new dealers, please send us an email at email@example.com with a few pictures of your merchandise or a link to your website for us to review. Once we have approved, you will be added to our mailing list. We will then notify you when it is time to apply and send you the contracts to fill out. Once filled out, you can scan them and email them to us, or mail them to us (please note that this will take more time before we receive it). We accept dealers on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please wait until we confirm your reservation before proceeding to payment.
Is it possible to add badges, tables, and chairs without buying additional dealer spaces?
Yes, you can purchase additional badges for 60$ CAD before the convention, as well as extra tables and chairs. You can also purchase additional badges during the convention at the price of a regular weekend badge by cash, debit, or credit.
What are the payment methods?
We accept payment by Paypal and check.
Can I purchase an Artist table AND a Dealer space?
No. You can only be either a dealer or an artist.
How do I purchase electricity and/or internet services during the convention?
Electricity, telephone, or Internet services may be ordered from the Palais des congrès de Montréal facilities. Please fill out the request forms directly on the website of the Palais des congrès.
Can I bring my own tables and chairs?
Yes, but the dimensions of your booth must respect the dimensions of a dealer space (10x10 sq. ft).
What do I do with my boxes and garbage after the convention?
Please pick them up and throw them away in the garbage bin in the loading dock. All boxes need to be flattened down and dropped off at the entrance of 220C. Otakuthon reserves the right to fine any exhibitor who leaves an excessive amount of garbage.
If I have any issues during the convention, who should I go to?
If you encounter any issues during the convention, please talk to any Dealers’ Area staff member or volunteer. They will be wearing the Otakuthon bandana and walking around the Exhibition Hall during the convention. We will also have an information booth; you can report any incidents to the staff there. This may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Another dealer selling bootlegs or any unlicensed merchandise
- A food spill in an aisle
- Violent behavior from an attendee or other exhibitors