Otakuthon 2013 Mascot Contest Rules
Theme: Ninja Yurika in Edo Japan
Deadline: June 1st, 2013 at 11:59pm
All entries must be submitted before June 1st, 2013 11:59:59pm. Entries submitted after this date will not be considered.
- One free pass to Otakuthon 2013
- One guaranteed full table in the Artist Area OR a $50 Omers-des-Serres gift card.
- Otakuthon merchandise goodies bag.
- Copies of items/prints where the winning design is used
- Thank-you credit in the Otakuthon program booklet
- All submissions must be based on Yurika, our primary mascot in a head to toe action pose. Yurika is a fair-skinned 16 year old teenage girl with medium blue long hair and purple eyes.
- The colors provided must be used. Feel free to use the following templates:
- All entries must be submitted in digital format (not a hand drawn scan of the image).
- The submission must be completely colored with clear, well-defined lines suitable for publications.
- Artwork signatures with pen names are permitted as long as they do not overlap on the actual character image.
- Please do not put the year in the image.
- Transparent backgrounds are preferred. If you wish to submit a background image please make sure it is on a separate layer.
- The submission must be appropriate for the general public of all ages. This means no sexually suggestive or violent/gory material.
- The submission must respect copyright law. Plagiarism is not acceptable!
- You may submit as many entries as you wish.
- All images must be minimum 11" x 17".
- Submission must be minimum 300dpi (for 11" x 17", this is 3300px x 5100px).
- Entries should be colored in CMYK (not RGB).
- You may submit your document in any of the following formats: Adobe Photoshop EPS/TIFF/PSD, Adobe Illustrator EPS. Vectored artwork is preferred.
- Any work not fit for printing will be rejected.
- Entrant does not need to be registered for the convention.
- Entries that do not meet the format requirements and/or not faithful to the original character design provided will automatically be disqualified.
- Winning entry will be used as an official mascot picture for Otakuthon 2013.
How to submit an entry
- Save your file name in the following format: Yurika2013__01.PSD (if sending as Adobe Photoshop PSD). If you are submitting multiple entries, then increment the 01 before the period as necessary.
- Upload your file to https://www.wetransfer.com/
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org under "friend's e-mail address"
- Enter the e-mail address you wish to be contacted at under "your e-mail address"
- In the message field, provide the following information:
Note: Please do not attempt to send files larger than 10MB directly to email@example.com as some mail systems may reject it. This e-mail address is for submissions only and is not for inquiries about the contest. The design team staff will be happy to answer any questions related to this contest on the Otakuthon forums in the artist section.
Otakuthon and Quebec Anime Committee are not responsible for lost or damaged submissions. By submitting works, the entrant grants Quebec Anime Committee and Otakuthon unlimited license to use and reproduce the works. The winning entry becomes copyright property of Otakuthon and Quebec Anime Committee, however the entrant retains the right of use for self-promotion purposes. Winners will receive their prize at Otakuthon 2013. In the event of non-attendance, the winner will be contacted and asked to make alternate arrangements to receive the prize after the convention, but no later than one month after the convention. Prizes are non-refundable. All judging decisions are final.
Entrant assumes full responsibility and liability for his/her submission and agrees to hold Quebec Anime Committee and Otakuthon harmless from any civil and/or criminal liability and legal fees/expenses incurred as a result of the submission.