J-Music in Motion
Have you ever wanted to see great singing and great dancing fused together to create one awesome performance? That is what J-Music in Motion is all about. This show/concert focuses on choreography and harmonies that can only be pulled off through teamwork. Want to show that you can sing and dance? Or combine your singing skills with a friend's dancing skills? Whatever the group combination, come show off your talents at J-Music in Motion!
Rules and Regulations
All individuals who would like to participate in JMM must fill out the application form and provide two pictures (head shot and full-body shot) as reference. You may audition as a group, but each member must fill out the audition form individually.
Once your application has been received, you will receive an applicant number. This number should remain confidential at all times as it will be used to announce which applicants have made it through.
Practices will be held once a week, starting in May. When and where practices will be held will be discussed among the successful applicants.
For those outside of the Montreal area who have been accepted but are not able to make it to the weekly practices, arrangements will be made so that practice videos will be made available to you.
All participants must be available on Friday August 16th, 2013 for a dress rehearsal. You must also be available on Saturday August 17th, 2013 for a sound check and the actual performance.
Auditions are over. If you would still like to be part of JMM, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and send in your audition as indicated below.
You may submit up to 3 video auditions, one for each of the following categories: singing only, dancing only, and singing & dancing. Your videos must be either uploaded to Youtube as unlisted or to a file-sharing site such as Mediafire.
- Singing only: your song must be in Japanese. You must sing for at least 90 seconds (or wherever seems appropriate to stop, such as up to and including the first chorus) to an official instrumental track. Your lyrics must be memorized.
- Dancing only: the song you are dancing to does not have to be in Japanese. You must dance for at least 90 seconds (or wherever seems appropriate to stop, such as up to and including the first chorus).
- Singing & dancing: your song must be in Japanese. You must sing and dance while holding a "microphone" (such as a full water bottle for example). You must perform for at least 90 seconds (or wherever seems appropriate to stop, such as up to and including the first chorus) to an official instrumental track. Your lyrics must be memorized.
***Remember, your audition should showcase the best of what you have to offer.
- Stage presence: Are you confident when performing?
- Energy and charisma: Are you putting in enough energy and showing personality in your performance?
- Vocal talent: Are you singing all the notes on key? Are you singing with the appropriate amount of power and volume?
- Pronunciation: Are you pronouncing the words properly so that they are understandable?
- Quality of dance: Are you executing the dance moves properly and paying attention to detail?
- Skill: How well can you execute the difficulty of your song/dance?
- Professionalism: How well you can recover from unintended mishaps such as a singing and/or dancing mistake?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.