Otakuthon Fanfiction Contest

Otakuthon will be holding it’s first ever Fanfiction Contest!  For all of you budding authors out there, here’s your opportunity to write a story featuring your favorite anime, video game or manga characters! 

This year’s theme:  A survival story with only one box of Pocky!

Contest Rules:

  1. One submission per person.
  2. The fanfiction must be written in either English or French.  Proper grammar and spelling must be observed for the chosen language.
  3. Stories may be based off of an anime, video game or manga series.
  4. Stories should be a minimum of 2000 words and a maximum of 2500 words.
  5. Content should be appropriate for a G or PG-13 audience.
  6. Stories must be complete and stand-alone.  No multi-tome volumes or “to be continued” endings.
  7. No “Mary Sues” (i.e. inserting yourself into the story as a character) or original/author-created characters.

Submissions will be judged by the following criteria: use of the theme, flow of the story, interest, and spelling & grammar. 

Winners will be chosen and notified before the convention.  The winners will be announced in the Contest section of the Otakuthon website.  Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. 

The winning entries will be printed and be made available during the convention at the Otaku Anime Manga Library for attendees to read.

Submissions

Submissions will be accepted via email only.  Please attach your fanfic as a .txt, .doc, or .html file.  Submissions should be sent with “Otakuthon Fanfiction Contest” as the e-mail subject line and include the following information:

Title of works:
Author name:
Real name:

E-mail address:
Summary (less than 100 words):

Please submit entries to contests@otakuthon.com

Deadline for submission: June 26th, 2009

If you have any questions about the Fanfiction Contest, please contact the Contests Director at contests@otakuthon.com