Media Accreditation Request for Otakuthon 2019
We are accepting requests for media badges starting from April 2019.
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Name of the media for which you are requesting accreditation
- Your position
- Phone number that can be reached during the festival (required)
- A brief description of your website or publication
- Proof of your editorial functions (example: hyperlink to an article you have written)
Your request will then be reviewed by our media committee.
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Any publication or website must have been continuously active at least since January 2017.
- No photographer unaccompanied by a journalist/blogger/reporter can receive media accreditation.
Please note that even if you respect the elements listed above, it does not guarantee your media accreditation. Kindly wait for the media committee's email decision.
The deadline to send your media accreditation request by email is August 8, 2019. Any accreditation request sent by email after this date will be dismissed. Please directly present yourself to the media office near the ticket kiosk for any last minute requests.
For any request regarding interviews with a spokesperson for the festival or for any questions concerning the press, please contact: email@example.com
Otakuthon Press Releases
Visit the 'Otakuthon Press Releases' page for the latest annoucements.
Who's talking about us?
La Presse - August 2018:
Des passionnés de culture japonaise réunis à Montréal
The Link - August 2018:
Festival Review: Otakuthon, a Weekend Where Weebs and Otakus Can Go Wild
Journal de Montréal - August 2017:
Otakuthon: plus qu'une histoire de manga
Radio-Canada -August 2017:
Pour l'amour du dessin japonais
Le Devoir - August 2017:
Incarner son idole au festival d'anime Otakuthon
The Gazette - August 2016:
Anime and manga fans converge on Montreal for annual convention