Gunpla Builders World Cup Canada 2019
We're proud to announce that the Gunpla Builders World Cup (GWBC) returns hosting the Eastern Coast competition in Montreal, Quebec at Otakuthon!
- What is GBWC?
- Handling of the submitted work
- Use of submitted work by BANDAI and its partners
- Confidentiality agreement
- Web Entry & Regulations
- Carry-In Entry & Regulations
What is GBWC?
"Gunpla Builders World Cup" is the official Gunpla global tournament presented by BANDAI where modelers around the world show off their completed Gundam models. Previously, GBWC 2017 was held in 16 locations worldwide. The competition intends to determine the greatest Gunpla builder in the world and let creators fight for the title of Gunpla World Cup Champion.
You can find all rules and regulations of the competition below. We look forward to your entry!
- To be eligible to enter to the competition, an individual entrant must reside in the areas of the competition at the time of entry.
- The Grand Final will be held in Japan this December.
- Participants are required to have a valid travel visa to Japan to participate in the GBWC Grand Finals in Japan. Failure to do so would lead to disqualification.
- Minor entrants must have guardian's consent.
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI.
- Limit of one entry per person. (If both web and carry-in entries are available at your location, please choose one)
- The model must be made by the entrant.
- The model must be in dimensions no larger than 50cm x 50cm x 50cm. (19.68in x 19.68in x 19.68in)
- Contestant who join GBWC, acknowledge the rules and regulation of the contest.
- A part which is made by 3D printer will be not judged.
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI. (Use of copied and counterfeit products, licensor unauthorized GUNDAM/GUNPLA accessory products are prohibited.)
- Contestant work, description and other details which are against any rules and regulation from this contest will be forfeited from the contest without any prior notice. Judges have the liberty to disqualify a participant on the spot if they see any discrepancies in the following of the rules.
- BANDAI has the right to disqualify the entry or delete images from the website if the model is or may be considered as listed below.:
- Use of copied and counterfeit products are prohibited.
- We prohibit the entry of a works which encroach or may encroach upon any third party's portrait rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright and any other rights.
(i.e.: No company logos, trademarks, or product lettering (etc.) may be used (unless prior permission has been obtained from the rights-holder).
The entrant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models. The entrant is also responsible for compensations for any damages for BANDAI and or the third parties.
- Work which is contrary to morality or public order.
- Work which contains personal information.
- Work which contains slanderous expressions toward certain persons or groups
- Inappropriate works which is not consistent with the purpose of this competition.
- Work which is mimicked or copied off of someone else's work.
- The entrant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models.
- You may be disqualified from the World Championship if the work has been significantly altered or modified after winning Web entry or national competition. BANDAI reserved all the rights to its decision.
- Any commercial using the name of [GBWC] is not allowed.
- If contestants violate any of the rules or regulations, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify the winner and collect all prizes that were rewarded.
- Organizer will contact the contestant directly if an investigation is needed.
- If the contestant is un-contactable, the work will be forfeited.
- During the investigation contestant are require to send photos for more reference.
- If the contestant is unable to provide the photos, the work will be forfeited.
- Contestant that uses any copyrights background/character that will damage the 3rd parties’ brand, may not be able to join the contest or may be asked to remove the content.
- Contestant may need to seek for approval if they’re using any 3rd parties’ background that they purchase online or from any search engines.
- Contestant is allowed to use their past work that took part in other contest. But contestant may need to seek approval from the previous contest organizer.
Handling of the submitted work
Submitted images of your work will not be returned.
Winning works of Web entry and the national competitions:
- The work will be returned to you 12 to 18 months after the competition for contest judging, event display and photo shoots.
- BANDAI will not pay for any rental/withholding fee for this period.
- Please keep your work for one year after we return it to you.
- Winning works may be asked to be displayed at future events etc
- BANDAI is not responsible for any traveling costs associated with the personal collection of your work.
- Non-winning works will be returned after judging.
- BANDAI will not bear any responsible for any damage or loss which occurs during shipping.
The organizer will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its safety.
Use of submitted work by BANDAI and its partners
By entering, contestants agree to BANDAI and others who are appointed by BANDAI (us) to use submitted works (photograph, title, comments, winning models' images taken by us, images which were sent to us for the final judging and actual winning pieces) for the purposes listed below.
Contestants also agree to us deciding to release or not to release entrants' name, age, area of residency (states, prefecture and or equivalent to it) as information regarding the entrants, in the following places:
- Publishing in BANDAI Hobby website, GUNDAM.INFO, other websites and publications (including domestic/international TVCM) which are operated/created by us.
- Publishing in mediums such as hobby magazines.
- Displaying at various events.
- Publishing in other forms for the purpose of promoting this competition and Gunpla.
Contestants agree to us altering images by adjusting colors, cropping, correcting typographical errors in comments and title, editing comments etc. for the purposes listed above.
The organizer will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its condition upon return.
By entering the competition, entrants agree to BANDAI using personal information in the conditions listed below.
- Managing entries for this competition.
- Contacting entrants to verify and/or to inform winning announcements as well as inquiry correspondence.
- Displaying the submitted work with the contestant's name etc., as well as other purposes for using works.
We do not share contestant's private information with third parties without entrants' agreement or under conditions that are necessary for fulfilling legal obligations, and to use for publications and other things that are listed on the official rules.
Web Entry & Regulations
Please follow the instructions to submit an entry via the HobbySite page.
Please upload three images of your model via Website entry form. All the images must follow the criterion listed below.
- Front View: Front facing image of the model.
- Back View: Back facing image of the model.
- Supplementary Picture: Selling point of the model.
All images must be 2MB or smaller and in JPEG format.
Please make sure that the images are of good quality. Entries with low quality images may be disqualified.
Contestants are fully responsible for any cost for internet access and data fees used to submit their entry.
Carry-In Entry & Regulations
Please follow the instructions to register in advance before you bring your model to the event.