Otakuthon 2011 Art Gallery
Participate in our convention's art gallery and show off your best work for the public to admire!
No additional fees. Everyone is encouraged to participate. Give us your best effort!
Art Gallery Rules
- All entries must be your own work in the medium of your choice. Copies or tracing of artwork drawn by someone else will not be permitted.
- Your work must be framed or mounted.
- The content of the artwork must be acceptable for general public viewing; from an age rating of G to 14+. Art Gallery staff reserve the right to pull any work deemed to be unacceptable.
- While the theme may be of any type, we recommend that it be appropriate to the nature of Otakuthon.
- While it is not necessary to sell your work, we would like to give artists this opportunity. Unsold submissions must be collected at pick up at the end of the convention.
- Works that occupy three dimensions (sculptures, jewelery, etc.) will be accepted. Please note that while tables will be available to showcase these pieces, we do not provide glass boxes to protect them. Artists may bring their own boxes if they wish.
Digital media is acceptable with the condition that:
- The work must not be a scan of a finalized traditional piece.
- The prints must be of high quality and made as a limited edition, numbered and signed by the artist.
Advantages of the Gallery: We have walls for people to walk up to and take a closer look. You may either display your originals on the walls of the gallery to promote your sales, or leave those sales up to the gallery staff and enjoy the con with the rest of your friends.
- Double Sales are not acceptable (The sale of a print must take place in one location only, either the Gallery or your table.)
- A 10% commission on sales goes to the convention for the management of the sales and gallery.
- For copies, you must provide the prints to be sold, as the gallery will not provide printing services.
You may display and sell multiple copies of your works if they are limited edition (copies numbered and signed). That way, even though only one copy is posted, there can be several copies in stock. Only the exhibition copy must be framed or mounted. We recommend that you provide envelopes or other packaging for the convenience of your customers. There will be a 10% commission on all sales.
The art panels measure 4ft x 4 ft and tables measure 3 ft x 6 ft. You may reserve the following types spaces:
|1/2 panel (2' x 4')||1/2 table (3' x 3')|
|1 panel (4' x 4')||1 table (3' x 6')|
|1 1/2 panel (6' x 4')||1 1/2 table (3' x 9')|
|2 panels (8' x 4')||2 tables (3' x 12' or 6' x 6')|
We ask that you minimize the space you request in order to allow more artists to participate.
If you are not able to bring your works, you may delegate this task to a person you trust. Please note that we will require clear instructions with your signature authorizing your agent to receive money for your sales and retrieving your unsold pieces. This is even more important if you bring your works yourself but would like a friend to pick them up at closing.
Art Gallery Submission
Registration deadline is Sunday July 31, 2011 at 11:59pm.
To submit artwork for approval, please email the following information to the Art Gallery Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject "Art Gallery Submission":
- Your first name and last name
- Your telephone or cell number
- Your e-mail address
- The name and address of your agent (if applicable)
- The size of space to reserve (number of panels or tables)
- A brief description of your work(s).
For reference purposes and to help better distribute the artists in the Gallery, a few pictures of your works would be appreciated.
Pieces must be dropped off at the Otakuthon Art Gallery (2nd floor, Exhibition Hall) on Friday between 5pm and 8pm.