Tenkaichi Budōkai Shenron Return Tournament (Trollball)
After having left planet Earth with the Dragon Balls over 100 years ago, Shenron has now returned to Earth to determine if mankind is worthy of regaining the Dragon Balls. A new Tenka'ichi Budoukai will be held with the rules created by Shenron influenced by a popular sport from another planet: Trollball ! The team winning the tournament will get one wish granted by Shenron himself ! Who will win under these rules? A mix between swordmanship, team play and strategy, Trollball will be testing all the abilities of your team to decide the fate of the Earth!
- Each team must have 10 fighters and 2 healers, meaning you will have 12 people in your team. If you are alone and want to participate, come to the event and we will create teams for people who want to participate. Worried about the activity? An exhibition match will take place so that you can make up your mind!
- Only 5 fighters from the same team with 1 weapon each will be allowed on the combat area at a time (remaining fighters must wait in the reserve area)
- One hit by a weapon (friend or foe) kills you
- Hits to the head are not allowed.
- Excessive or extreme force with a weapon is not allowed (player may be expelled from the game if this rule is not respected)
- Cheating is not allowed (if a weapon hits you, you’re dead !)
- Heavy swings in the air to block the opponent from moving ahead are not allowed
- No physical contact (player may be expelled from the game if this rule is not respected)
- LARP foam weapon will be used (only weapons authorized by the event will be used, do not bring your own as we will not use them)
- When you are dead, you must drop to one knee on the ground and hold your weapon in front of you upside-down (in the case of a healer, just raise your hand)
- If the two healers from a team are dead, the team automatically loses, regardless of their score
- When a healer takes a weapon from a dead fighter, the fighter must return to the reserve area without blocking the game in play
- When a fighter carrying the Dragon Ball dies, the Dragon Ball must be dropped on the ground
- A healer is allowed to move anywhere on the field (even outside the combat area boundaries)
- A healer is allowed to take a weapon from a dead fighter of his own team and bring it to a fighter in the reserve area
- A healer is not allowed to throw a weapon
- A healer is not allowed to fight
- A healer can only move one weapon at a time
- You can only have 2 healers in your team
- To score a point, you must take the Dragon Ball in the center of field and put it in the opposing team’s capsule
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins the match
- Only a fighter is allowed to take the Dragon Ball and bring it to the opposing team’s capsule
- The Dragon Ball must be dropped into the capsule to get a point
- The Dragon Ball cannot be thrown
- The Dragon Ball cannot be used as a shield. Blocking with a Dragon Ball (by accident or not) kills the fighter carrying the Dragon Ball
- The Dragon Ball can be given to another fighter without throwing it
- The Dragon Ball cannot be touched with a weapon
- The Dragon Ball cannot be rolled on the ground
- The only way to score a point is to carry it in your hands and put it in the opposing team’s capsule
- The playing field is divided into several areas: the combat area (where a fighter with a weapon is allowed to fight), the reserve area (where the remaining fighters are allowed to wait for a weapon) and the healing area (the healers are allowed to go anywhere on the field)
- If a fighter leaves the combat area, the fighter dies
- If a player is not respecting the rules listed here, that team will receive a penalty !
- A penalty results in the loss of one sword until the next round (meaning one less fighter in play at the same time until a point is made).
- Penalties stack, meaning it is possible for a team to find themselves with only 1 fighter against 5 fighters!
Questions? Please contact the Workshops Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.