New This Year
We're finally going to see each other! We have worked tirelessly during the past two years to provide our dear otaku community with virtual events despite the pandemic. This year, we are doing everything we can to make our convention happen physically!
COVID-19 Policy: The following measures promote a safe experience for everyone and do not replace the ones recommended by public health authorities. Therefore, please be advised there still exists a risk of COVID-19 exposure by participating in an event with numerous people. These Health and Safety measures are subject to change according to Quebec government sanitary measure updates.
- We want to share Japanese culture, not any viruses. For everyone’s safety, we strongly encourage attendees to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Please stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in direct contact with someone who was tested COVID positive in the last 14 days. If you’re not sure of your symptoms, please consult the Self-assessment tool.
- Try your best to keep a safe distance (1 meter/3 feet) from others, and limit any direct contact.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear masks when and where possible to protect everyone, but we will not enforce a mandate. *Specific events, guests, and services will require to wear a mask and will be announced as such on the schedule.
- It is highly recommended to wash your hands frequently with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds or to disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based solution if you do not have access to water and soap.
- If you have to self-isolate because of COVID-19, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the situation and include your account number in the header. They will explain the process for requesting a refund.
- For any other concerns related to refund, please contact email@example.com with details about your situation.
- For additional information on handling COVID-19, please visit the Basic health instructions on the Quebec government website, and the government masks recommendations.
*This policy was updated on June 29, and will most likely be updated closer to the event. As COVID-19 measures change rapidly, we recommend you to follow our social media accounts (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter) to be the first to receive new information.
Game shows: We renamed the "Contests rooms" for "Game shows", but the games are all the same!
Volunteer Staff positions: The open Volunteer Staff positions are now gathered on one web page that will be updated each year for recruitment.
Otakuthon Idol is transforming: Otakuthon All-Star is a new event that extends the stage to all talented performance artists, not just singers.
Merchandise: Our T-shirts are available in the following sizes. Please see below the sizing guide.
Chest 1/2 = Garment laid flat from armpit to armpit (half the circumference of the body)
Body Length = From top of collar to bottom of garment