Otakuthon 2009 Art Gallery
Participate in our convention's art gallery and show off your best anime work!
No additional fees. Everyone is encouraged to participate. Give us your best effort!
Art Gallery Rules:
- Must be an original artwork in either anime or manga style. Copies or tracing of artwork drawn by someone else will not be permitted.
- The Art Gallery will only accept artwork that can be easily displayed on a wall.
- Sculptures which require pedestals will not be accepted.
- The content of the artwork must be acceptable for general public viewing; from an age rating of G to 14+. Inappropriate content will be rejected. Exceptions can be made if the artistic aspect overlooks the content.
- The subject may be any character type ranging from human, robot, creature, cartoon, or mascot.
- If the subject is a copyrighted character, please provide the names of the characters and series (anime, manga, video game) from which they are based on.
Art Gallery Submission:
Submission deadline is Saturday July 25th, 2009 at 11:59pm.
To submit artwork for approval, please email the following information to the Art Gallery Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject "Art Gallery Submission":
- Telephone or cell number
- E-mail address
Artwork Entries (repeat for each piece of work being entered):
- Title(s) of the artwork
- Media type
- Number of pieces
- Date of production (optional)
- If this item is being donated for auction (please indicate value (CDN$).
- If this item is being submitted for the contest (see section below)
- Photo of each piece of artwork being submitted.
- A short description or artist statement (optional).
Artists who had their artwork approved for viewing in the Art Gallery will be contacted shortly after the deadline date. Approved artwork for the Art Gallery must be dropped off on Friday July 31st, 2009 at the Otakuthon registration area (on the second floor) from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Want to Help the Convention? Donate for the Art Auction!
Artists can also participate in our art auction. Funds raised will be used to help keep Otakuthon running for many years to come. Please indicate in your Art Gallery Submission that you wish to donate your artwork for auction.
Artwork for auction will be displayed all day on Saturday, August 1st. The sale of the artwork will be conducted through silent auction which will run from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Any artwork that is unsold by the end of the day will be returned to the original artist. The Art Gallery Director will contact the artists informing them when they can pick up their unsold artwork.
Artwork that has a fixed price (i.e. non-auction) will remain on display for the duration of the Art Gallery.
Otakuthon Art Gallery Contest!
From now until July 25th, 2009, we will be accepting submissions via the forum and email (email@example.com) for the Art Gallery Contest. The official theme for the contest will be announced on the forums (http://forums.otakuthon.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4111). The contest is open to everyone. All artwork must follow the Art Gallery's guidelines (see above).
The deadline to submit the artwork will be 11:59 pm on Saturday, July 25th, 2009. Art Gallery contest submissions should be submitted in the same fashion as any other Art Gallery item with the following changes to the rules:
- Submit your entry using the subject line "Art Gallery Contest Entry",
- Art Gallery contest entries may not be put up for auction or sale,
- All pieces must be picked up at the end of the convention.
The artwork of the Art Gallery Contest top finalists will be displayed in the Art Gallery on Saturday, August 1st, 2009 and the winner will be announced at 12:00 pm on Sunday.